[access-uk] Re: What do you consider inaccessible?

  • From: "Alan Thorpe" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:45:04 +0100

Hello.

To start off being pedantic, sorry for spelling.

How are we able to say what is accessible when using a screen reader as I
only know what is there when it tells me, what about all the other stuff
that a screen reader does not tell me about.

When I look at a site with a screen reader and move around it my brother
says where are you as he can not see some of the things on screen but jaws
is saying content or actions.

I can not recall any particular site but this why I give up on them.

This question is like asking a visually impaired person what can you see.

How can I answer if I do not know what you can see.

e.g.

I can see that tree, but you could say that there is a bird nest, a foot
ball, a plastic bag or even a branch which is dead and no leaves, you ask me
that sort of question like can you see that cat on the wall and I say no but
say what is over there I will say a wall and a blue gate, so how can I say
what is accessible on a web site.

Sorry for my rant but things have to be put in to context.

MANY THANKS

ALAN THORPE

TEL. 0114 2207007

MOB. 07961 406739