[access-uk] Re: Watching audio described films in cinema

  • From: "Saqib" <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:25:54 -0000

Hi. I usually ask for a headset. You can't hear the soundtrack of the film through them. You can only hear the AD. You should ask for them as soon as you pay for your tickets.

-----Original Message----- From: Kseniya Fadeeva
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:10 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Watching audio described films in cinema

Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend would love to go to one of the cinema theaters to
watch the latest James Bond film. I know that there are audio described
services available across UK and I'm aware how they are done. But I'm
not sure how to approach managers in a CenimaWorld and what equipment to
request, since on the phone not  every operator actually knows what
audio discription is and when  you can get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Kseniya Fadeeva