[access-uk] Re: WINDOWS 7 USERS - WHICH EMAIL PROGRAMME ARE YOU USING AND WHY!

  • From: Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:15:25 +0100

Hi Carol,

Now when I had XP I did use OE and found it great indeed, well it just did just what I needed to do but since Win 7 OE doesn't work well at all so now I use TB.

I find it generally okay but it needs a little tweaking.

I sometimes find that mails don't send for me and I have to keep trying but maybe it's the WiFI.

I also find that sometimes shift and tabbing out of the body of the message doesn't work all of the time to bring me back in to the folder list or just simply to delete the email from the list.

I found too that I needed assist in getting it set up but that may have been just me! LOL.

Do please let us know how you get on with your email client of preference when you get sorted.

Cheers.

On 15/07/2015 14:31, Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Redacted sender carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

I haven't used Outlook ever seriously but tried it several times and "No thanks". It's like Outlook Express but ...
No, I'm having immense problems with the latest offering of Outlook Express which (for many years) has been my favourite.
Anyway, thanks to all who have given comments and I am particularly interested now to learn what Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird have to offer.
Carol P

*From:* Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Redacted sender
"carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)