[access-uk] Re: WINDOWS 7 USERS - WHICH EMAIL PROGRAMME ARE YOU USING AND WHY!

  • From: "cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 22:59:37 +0100

Hi Carol

It can be customised to suit how you want to use it. If you like tabs you can use those. Personally I don't, so have all mails opening in the same window as Outlook Express used to do.

You can set up folders to store messages and either move them manually, very easily, or set up mail rules to have mails go into your chosen folder automatically on arrival. This works well if you are subscribed to several groups, for example, so each group can have its own folder and leave your main inbox clear for other stuff.

It has the ability to automatically archive your emails in the way you want them, by month/year, just year and so on. Very useful if you want to keep certain emails but don't want them cluttering up your inbox or other folders.

You can use multiple email accounts and have them all come into one global inbox, or a separate inbox per account, whichever is your preference. Switching between accounts for sending is easy.

Automatic junk filtering can be set according to preference.

I could go on but this is only a very small list of features. Others can be added using add-ons which you can download. One I use regularly enables me to attach a previously received email and send it on as an attachment rather than just forwarding it in the main body of the email. This is particularly useful if it already contains an attachment as that will be included when sent. You can send several emails attached this way, which saves having to forward each one separately.

Hope this helps to give you some idea. I did have a bit of a learning curve to master it initially after being happy with Outlook Express, but now I am more than happy with it.

Regards, CJ

On 15/07/2015 14:29, Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Redacted sender carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

OK, what are some of the "many features", please?
Carol P

*From:* Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Redacted sender
"carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)