[access-uk] Re: WIFI Radio.

  • From: "Isaac Porat" <isaac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:22:23 -0000

Just more info on the Web radio that wireless for the blind provides.
 They have not started yet but will provide it free under certain
conditions, (I am not sure what these conditions are) but receiving benefits
is one of these.

They will also sell these radios to anybody; the cost I believe including
one off connection charges is about £460 and there is also a small annual
charge on top.

The Radio is one of the Web Radio types trialed by TNAUK; these is the WiFi
type but I believe it must be connected to the mains.

I hope the above helps.
Regards
Isaac