[access-uk] Re: WIFI Radio.

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:12:27 -0000

Billy, bet you a pound to a penny it isn't mate.  Last time I saw a
Roberts WiFi radio, it had one knob on it, and you did just about
everything with it.

What you have to remember is that you need to put your modem key into
the radio in order to connect it to your  broadband, and if you can't do
that without sight, there's your first problem.  Once you get past that
bit, you've got the job of tuning into stations and knowing where the
hell you are in an environment of over 6,000 stations.  It perhaps
sounds easy, but it isn't.

Having said that, if anyone is using a commercial WiFi radio and can get
round it, or even set it up completely without sighted assistance, I'd
love to hear your experience.

Jackie Cairns
 Braille Support Adviser
 Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx