[access-uk] Re: Using phone's 3G connection on laptop via Bluetooth?

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jackie Cairns <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:15:19 +0000

Hi Jackie,
Interesting. If I go to a file in Windows Explorer, and right-click, I can go
into the Send To menu, choose Bluetooth Sub Menu, and then choose 'Other'. It
then searches for devices, I press enter on my phone and the file copies with
no problems. My phone also now shows up as an item in the Bluetooth menu for
convenience. I have no extra options related to Bluetooth in the Send To menu,
only the 1 sub menu. The WinCom software is not made by Samsung I don't
believe, it is a Bluetooth stack, and is much better than the one that comes
with Windows. I use WinCom on my PC as well, the Microsoft Bluetooth software
was very hard to use from a JAWS perspective for me.

Message sent at 04:10:22 PM GMT on Wednesday, December 31, 2008