[access-uk] Re: Unsubbing And Access IT

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:56:57 -0000

I'm the wrong person to ask about RNIB, or Scotish Braille Press publications
for
that matter.  They seem on the pricey side to me, but do bear in mind much of
the
cost of any mag. is up-front, in actually producing the copy, though you'd have
thought Brailling must cost a fair bit.

I think particularly here on this sort of list, we must remember that likely
most
of us now are getting info through websites, email lists, digests, podcasts and
the like.  I simply wouldn't look to RNIB for technical matter now.

I'm sure the same goes more and more for other areas of interest, like books,
politics, music and so on.  No end of magazines and newspapers you can subscribe
to on-line.  and many do.

If only a way of bringing down the cost of ownership of Braille displays could
be
put in place, then those who prefer Braille  over speech access could be
satisfied
by web-based distribution.

Cheers,

From Ray