[access-uk] Re: USE OF INACCESSIBLE CAPTCHA

  • From: Kevin Morris <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 05:43:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue Sep 29 05:08:50 CDT 2009, Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> This is not strictly true that you can't access it without
> sighted help.
>
> How about WebVisum and Firefox, or http://www.solona.net?  This
> is another
> Captcha solving web site for all browsers.
>
> This message though is only to point out that it is not all bad.
>
> All the best
>
> Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'll try the solutions which you mention. However I, personally
don't see why we, as visually impaired persons should have to go
through convoluted hoops to solve captchas (e.g. going to websites
to solve them). I get especially irritated with sites which offer
purely visual captchas, especially as there are, as I say audio
alternatives availible.

Thanks again for the info.

Kind regards,
Kevin