[access-uk] Re: Turning Off XP Computer

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:45:33 +0100

OK Darren.

First thing I want you to try is to disable the automatic restart on a system failure.

1.  Go to control panel and system.
Note:  You can get there quicker by hitting windows key plus pause.

2.  Go to the advanced tab and hit space ont he first settings button.

3.  Untick the box that says automatic restart.

Apply and ok your way out.

Now try shutting down.

Does the machine still restart?

Or does it shut down.

We're testing here to see if there's a system failure when the machines shutting down that is causing windows to do an auto restart.

Dj paddy----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:39:01 +0100

Hi Darren,

I once came across the problem, and because I couldn't solve it,
reformatted my machine and rebuilt XP. Probably not what you
wanted to
hear, but that's what happened in my case.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589