[access-uk] Re: Turning Kidsafe On Or Off Using Jaws

  • From: "C. M. B." <craigmblake1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:26:34 +0000

Kevin,

I don’t know about Kidsafe, and I don’t trust these cheap ISPs and their
routers and services. So I may be a bit bias here. But, if you’re concerned
about your child accidentally seeing porn, then, in the UK, porn sites are now
blocked by ISPs, at least, I believe it’s been taken into effect already. If
not, I suggest the easier way of setting up a blacklist of sites using your
browser rather than whatever the ISP provides, unless, of course, your child
uses another computer in the home, then set up a blacklist on the router.

However, have you tried using mouse keys with Jaws to enable this option?
Personally, I decided to buy a router I find accessible rather than use
whatever the ISP gives. (In my case an Apple AirPort (which btw does work with
Windows and can be configured even with an iOS device like iPhone or iPad)).

Sorry I’m not much help here, but I just wanted to share some alternatives.

Regards,
Craig