[access-uk] Re: Thinking of downgrading thanks to the loving JAWS 12!

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 18:08:09 +0100

Hi Eleanor

XP Pro has additional networking and server capabilities, and many people
who are in employment need to use JAWS Pro because they have a Pro operating
system on their machine.  It isn't any more stable than XP Home, it just has
more features for people who are on a network etc.  For anyone like myself
who just wants to use it at home, then Home Premium is absolutely fine.
It's just advisable to be aware when you purchase a new machine or operating
system what JAWS Standard will and won't work with.  Window-Eyes, on the
other hand, is one size fits all, so whatever your operating system, the
same version will run on it for no extra cost.

I hope that clarifies things for you and anyone else.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx