[access-uk] Telorion

  • From: "cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:56:21 +0100

OK, this is now the fifth attempt to post this message in response to one from Jackie. Let's see what happens this time.

Hi Jackie

I take your point, and it would be good to have a wider variety of phones to choose from. However, don't forget, a lot of people are still using Talks and buying second hand Symbian phones for this purpose. We've just sold a Nokia N82 with Talks installed, and another friend has just bought a Nokia C5. There will always be people who just want the access to a mobile phone and won't necessarily want the latest and greatest.

My wife bought her S3 when it first came out, and is still using it and has no desire to change it even though it is now out of contract. It is a good phone and does everything she needs it to do. It may be an old model now, but there is no reason to go for the latest model unless there is a specific feature that you want or need. If Telorion can provide the phone access plus extras that it does for someone who finds mobile technology difficult to use, like me, then does it really matter what the base model is? Once you use the Telorion overlay, what else lies underneath is a bit irrelevant. It will only really matter if Telorion evolves to use any new Android features, or the individual phone features which are not available on older handsets. In which case, like everything else in technology today, you will have to buy an new one to keep up with it.

If you really want to use the Android features themselves, and can manage the touch technology in Android directly, then you don't really need Telorion anyway. In which case, you can take you pick of handsets. In my case, I'm loving the Telorion S4 mini, and it is the first mobile phone I have been able to fully use since I lost my sight. It really has made a difference to my life.

Just my two cents.

Cheers
CJ