[access-uk] Re: TVonics TTS files

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:18:32 +0100

Hi Martin.

If you want the firmware for the Z500HD, drop me a line off list and I'll send the files to you no problem. The Z500HD is a much more robust box as its made of solid metal, in fact I'm surprised the RNIB didn't actually opt for this one as its a much smarter solution in my opinion. The 500HD's have been known to overheat, the hard drives to easily fail probably because they're so close to the bottom of the box and not berried in amongst the electronics which would at least afford some better protection. Very sloppy if you ask me. Anyway, drop me a line and I'll send the firmware files to you.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:09 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] TVonics TTS files

Hi folks

I've been trying to download the firmware and TTS files from the
TVonics web site but can't get them. I got the .bin files for both
models but neither of the TTS files are available for download, just
get a 401 not found message. If anyone has these files I'd appreciate
it if you could make them available for me. I'm also wondering, some
while ago it was mentioned that 3 files are required but there is
only two download links for each of the models on the web site.

I'm looking at getting one of the z500 models and sending the HD500
back to the RNIB as it is still in the 30 days send back period. I
had trouble with my first one and it went belly up on me so I sent it
back for a full  refund (which I haven't got yet after 3 weeks). I
purchased another at the same time as sending the faulty one back but
am still experiencing 'no signal' outages and the speech on the EPG
takes about 4 5to 5 presses to get to the next item, where as the
first one didn't. So I thought if I could get the speech files for
the z500 I'd try and get one and send the HD500 back.I can find no
reviews that refer to the signal problem on the z500 whereas this is
mentioned as early as 2010 for the HD500

Thanks
Martin