[access-uk] TVonics Set-Top Box Problem

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:31:31 +0000

Hello,

Yesterday I tried to re-tune my TVonics freeview box to add to the station list a new Freeview channel local to Norfolk. When the channel count reached 114, I was asked to confirm that the Primary Region was England and the Secondary Region East Anglia. This has never happened before, since these are the only two regions available here in Norwich.

I confirmed the regions as per instructions, by pressing the Red Button, followed by OK for each region. That's when the problems began. The box reverted to the radio channel that I had been listening to, but after about half a minute the audio stopped. About half a minute later the hard disk started whirring, then the audio started up again. Once again, the audio stopped after about half a minute, and the sequence of events just keeps repeating. None of the remote control buttons is activating the speech, except for 'Entering Standby', and I have to hold that button down for a good half-minute. Turning the box back on has made no difference.

All connections are fully plugged in, and the remote control batteries are good. I bought the box in September 2012.

Has anyone experienced any similar problems with their TVonics boxes? Could this be a hard disk or software failure? Any comments and suggestions are most welcome, please.

I will, of course, be phoning RNIB tomorrow for their thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Christopher