[access-uk] Re: TV Tuner Cards (Analogue)

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:24:01 +0100

Hi,

I recently had to set up an analog tuner card at work which took its
input from the RF out on a Freeview box to control several plasma
screens.  If I remember I will check on Monday, but it may be difficult
as its in the MD's office in a locked cupboard!  I think it was a WinTV
card, however, and it was fairly easy to install, but the software
wasn't that accessible (not that it makes much difference to you!)

BTW I never got it to work off more than one monitor - it seemed to work
fine in fullscreen mode on one monitor, but once you put the other
monitor on, you got the Windows desktop, and you couldn't run two
instances.  We really needed to have a different way of distributing the
picture/sound to these screens without the hastle of the tuner cards,
but with no aerial input on the plasma screens it becomes tricky, I
don't even know if skart distribution is possible, let alone the
thickness of the cables going through walls etc?  It's a sheer waste of
a high spec Dell.

Also the marketing department at work keep putting in the building
leaflets that it is sky TV, just because it runs on Sky Sports news on
Freeview doesn't mean it is Sky, I have to grit my teeth every time
there is a power cut or something and I am asked to "reset the Sky
television"!!!

Sorry this went into a bit of a rant, but hope some of it was useful!

Hth.

Andrew.