[access-uk] Re: THE RNIB BRAILLE-TALKING WATCH

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:53:53 +0100

Hi Brian,

To be honest, sadly, I wouldn't recommend this watch to anyone. Yes, perhaps I've just had a bad one, but mine was finally replaced, for which I'm very thankful, but to that point (well over a year) I hardly got any wear out of the thing.

The voice is female and not bad, but its speaker is in the bottom part of the watch, nearest your wrist, so you can find the watch quiet if resting very snugly on the wrist. I also find it's not a good idea to wear the watch if you're hunting in drawers as its buttons can easily get knocked.

BTW:  Others really like this watch a lot.

I like the simplicity of the alarm set, which is why I wanted it in the first place and it is the one reason I keep wearing it.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx