[access-uk] Suppressing page refreshes

  • From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:46:24 -0000

Hi, I'm using the latest version of Jaws and am having big problems with
some webpages.  I can't narrow it down any more than that so I've pasted the
URL to one of them below.  I'd be interested to know if anyone has this
problem.  I activate the 'say all' command but every few seconds Jaws stops
reading.  When I tap one of the cursor keys I find that focus has flipped to
the top of the page and I have to find where I'd got up to before activating
the 'say all' command again.  It makes reading an article on a newspaper
website very very tricky.  I've set the 'suppress all page refreshes' in the
miscellaneous tab of the HTML options in config manager, is there anything
else I can do?  Here's that page: