[access-uk] Re: Sound Forge and Sound Cards

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:42:26 +0100

Donna, depends how much you want to spend, although you will need a
self-powered condenser to work with the Audigy.  Someone may well come up
with a suggestion that's more suited to the Audigy with its mini-jack input,
but the only cheapish high quality condenser mics I know of are the likes of
the Rode NT3, which uses a PP3 internal battery.  You would though need an
XLR to mini jack lead for this mic.

May well be other mics which are geared more to the computer mic market
though.  I'd say the likes of Rode and AKG battery powered condensers are
much more the business where music recording is concerned, whereas straight
voice narration is rather less demanding.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: "Audrey Tonge" <audrey.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>