[access-uk] Re: Software daisy players

  • From: Frank Haslam <frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:50:43 +0100

Hi, Brian!

If you go to ACB Radio's ON Demand section for Main Menu, you'll be able to
hear a review of EAseReader on 10 and 17 September 2003.

I use it with Window-Eyes and find it usually does the job.

If you upgrade to HAL 6.01 you get EaseReader free on the tutorial CD.

At 18:26 02/07/04, Brian Hartgen typed furiously:

>Hi
>
>I am going to purchase a software DAISY  player for a PC, so I can listen to
>my talking books when away from home.  Which player do list members like,
>the Dolphin EaseReader or the Victor Reader soft.  I have downloaded a demo
>of the victor Reader Soft from the Visuaide web site, and noted that the
>jaws and window-eyes support is somewhat flaky. Before I start doing
>something about that to customise a screen-reader to behave how I want it
>to, I would be interested in reader's comments on the Dolphin product.
>Obviously if it provides quite similar functionality, I'll go for that as it
>is less expensive.  Any thoughts anyone?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Brian Hartgen
>
>** Going on holiday and want to halt messages? Send a message to:-
>** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>** and in the Subject line type
>** vacation ## d
>** where ## is the number of days followed by d for days.
>** For other things like digest mode, send a message, to

Frank - blind as a bat and proud of it too.
frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

** vacation ## d