[access-uk] Re: Sky Installation?

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <ptrholdstock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:42:15 -0000

Plug one end of the phone wire in to the socket on the router (there will only
be one that size), then the other end goes in to the microfilter which will be
in the box with your router. That then gets plugged in to your phone line. Your
phone then also gets plugged in to that filter.
Then if having a wired connection to your computer use the supplied network
cable between the router and the computer, or for a wireless connection the
network key will be on the bottom of your router or on a card in the box. Then
plug the mains cable in.
You do not need to enter a password to get the router to connect to your
broadband as it is already in the router so then all you need to do is get your
computer to connect o the wifi using the network key mentioned earlier. It will
connect automatically after that.

Peter