[access-uk] Re: Skkype 3.5

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:21:33 +0100

This seems to apply to whatever settings I save. I ran a search for "port" in their help system and brought up the following which makes no sense to me. Where do I look to check these values. I don't run the programs they mentioned. Any help much appreciated.

Peter

Conflicts with applications (such as Apache or IIS) working on port 80/443.
If you have IIS/Apache or similar software installed that uses ports 80 and/or 443 and you experience conflicts (such as service startup failure or malfunctions) the cause is most likely that your Skype is configured to use the same ports as the applicati
list end
definition list of 1 items
I can't connect to Skype from work or due to a restrictive firewall. Which ports need to be opened in order to use Skype? If you aren't familiar with firewalls or ports, it may be a good idea to ask a system administrator or tech-savvy friend to help you. The minimum requirement is that Skype needs unrestricted outgoing TCP access to all destination ports above 1024 or to po
list end

----- Original Message ----- From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>