[access-uk] Re: Setting Up A Wireless Network

  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:03:18 +0100

To follow up on this:
What if you already have a wired only router George?
Do I understand correctly that by purchasing a wireless access point you
can connect this to your router and this will add wireless functionality
to your network.
Access points seem to vary significantly in price even those for
domestic inndoor use any indication of why this might be so - what are
the differences.
I think I've read something about the ability to auto assign IP
addresses to devices - if my wired router has defined ip addresses for
the machines connected to it do I need this feature?

And any recommendations of decent brands of access points - ease of
set-up and accessibility of software interface is a priority.

Thanks

Adrian Higginbotham
Accessibility and inclusion adviser
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ