[access-uk] Re: Screen shot advice

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:55:29 +0000

Have you tried pasting into a Word document and attaching it to an e-mail.

Try this tip:

Open a New Word document, and Type in an appropriate Heading. “Screenshot of
Peter Liesching’s Computer”. Now save it.

If using Word 2007 and above, you should now be able to go to File, Info, and
determine the file size, which will likely be around 15k.

Now navigate to the screen you wish to screen shot and use the PrtScn button.
This is usually the key to the right of the F12 key with Shift held down.

text your typed in.

With the Ctrl key held down, press letter v to paste the screen shot into the
Word document, and save again.

Again look at File: Info in the Word document, and provided the size has
increased, it will usually mean that you have managed to paste the screen shot
into your document.

You can then attach the document to an e-mail, although if you have a helpful
sighted friend, you could mail to them first to ensure it is what’s needed.

George