[access-uk] Re: SP2 Queries

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:22:31 +0100

Hi Douglas,
Oddly enough, I faced the insufficient space
problem on Friday with our engineer's system,
which only had around 150 megs free.  I actually
got it up to around 1 gigabyte, and the
installation went O.K. after that.  According to
Microsoft, you do need 1.8 gigabytes, not 1.6,
which sure seems one heck of a lot.  However, I
imagine most of this will be for saving the
current system in its entirety just in case things
go wrong.

As regards Toshiba, I have a Satellite 2450, and
that installation went OK on Wednesday night.  I
use it as my office system, and it has run since
with no apparent side effects.

George.