[access-uk] Re: SP2 Disappeared!

  • From: "John Gurd" <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:01:39 +0100

Hi Yusuf

You were right. After five days with the machine on for most of each day the
icon reappeared telling me it was ready to install Service Pack 2. It took
twenty minutes or so to install and appears to be working, although I think
now I'll get myself a real firewall which will tell me when a program "Dials
out".

One word of warning. When I clicked to install I was dismayed to see a
warning come up telling me to back up my system. At that point it looked
like I either had to do a major backup onto CD or another drive or cancel
without knowing if I would have to download the pack again. Of course I
thought "to hell with it" and went ahead with the install. I was relieved to
see that the install shield itself backed up my current system and created a
Restore Point, so it appears undoable in the event of a disaster.

John