[access-uk] Re: Renaming hard drive partition

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:27:58 +0100

XP Home.
----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 4:41 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Renaming hard drive partition

Operating System?

George.

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James O'Dell
Sent: 23 May 2005 16:05
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Renaming hard drive partition

Hi all

I'm writing on behalf of a friend who is having trouble running an Electronic Arts game, she keeps getting an
error
message about not being able to locate the disk. Their support section on the website seems to think that it is better if the CD-ROM drive has the lowest letter possible.

She currently has two partitions on her hard drive, c: and

d:, and her CD-ROM is e:. She has a removable flash
memory
stick which appears as f: when she inserts it. As far as I know she currently
doesn't
use the d: partition on her hard drive, so my question is, would it
be
possible to redesignate this as g: or h: and then
redesignate
the CD-ROM as d:, or do the drive letters for the hard
drive
partitions need to be next to each other?

Thanks for your help

James

link:-
**
the

This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield. ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq