[access-uk] Re: Looking For Advice On DVD Players

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:09:09 +0100

Hi Tony,

I have accessed several DVD players successfully, and I am totally blind.
The question is having a sighted person help you through the menus in the
beginning, and a good memory, or copious notes.  When I buy a new DVD, I try
to go through all the menus with a sighted person once, and write down the
menu structure.  Once I do this, I can access all the extras, films, you
name it.

So to say it is impossible for totally blind people, is rather silly.  You
just need a lot of patience, and a bit of help.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk