[access-uk] Re: Recording from the Internet

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 18:55:57 +0100

Hi, is there anyway I can record both outputs in GoldWave? Or am I going to have to consider purchasing at least the standard edition of Total Recorder?

Mr Technician
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 22/05/2010 18:01, Pele West wrote:
Hi Everyone

Apologies for cross-posting but, as I sent this question to a number of lists,
I thought people might be interested in the answer.

I posted a message some time ago asking if anyone could tell me how to get
Goldwave to see my Real Tech speakers so that I could record from the
internet.  I have now found out how to do this and thought I would let you all
know, as it is well hidden in the depths of Windows 7.

I am using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home premium.  I have a Real Tech
Audio onboard sound card.  I also have a USB sound card for Window-
Eyes.

Neither Goldwave Nor Audacity could see the Real Tech sound card.  They could,
however, see the USB Sound Card.

Some of the Sound Options are hidden in Windows 7.  To see them:

1. Go to System Sounds (I got there by running Sndvol from the Command Line,
but it can be accessed from the Systray and the Control Panel)

2. Press the System Sounds button (in Window-Eyes this must be done witht the
Spacebar)

3. Use Control Tab to get to Recording

4. It will say "Select a recording device blow to modify its settings"

5. Press the Context Menu key and check Show Disabled Devices

6. Down Arrow to Stereo Mix (this might be What u Hear for other sound cards)

7. Press the Context Menu Key and Down Arrow to Select as Default.

Goldwave and Audacity can now see my Real Tech High Definition speakers if I
select Stereo Mix and I can record from my computer.

You can see where I got the information from at
http://www.roemersoftware.com/vista-recording-problem.html

Pele West