[access-uk] Real Player problem

  • From: "valerie pickles" <valpickles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:39:33 +0100

Hi all,

I've just joined this list and am looking forward to participating.

I have a frustrating problem with regard to downloading real player to access
BBC programmes.

I have just acquired a new laptop computer and try as I might, I'm finding it
impossible to download the real player from the BBC website.  It will let me go
to the download page, but when I press enter on the download link I just hear a
loud click and don't go anywhere!  I then went to the BBC7 page and tried to
listen live with windows media player and that didn't work either, I just got
the same clicking noise when pressing enter.

I then went on to the One Word radio website and tried listening with windows
media player and that worked fine.  I had no trouble with real player with my
old laptop so I'm just wondering what's going on.  By the way, I'm using
Windows XP home and my computer is a Notebook laptop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in anticipation.

Valerie Pickles.