[access-uk] Raising A Concern

  • From: "ELEANOR BURKE" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:41:20 +0100

Hi Everyone
I have sent the e-mail below to the BCAB (blind computer users free list) and
as it is possible that some of you are on that list, I wish to draw this matter
to your attention.  Perhaps you are all aware of our e-mails being on-line.
Maybe someone or George will tell me what the situation is in regard to
access-uk.

I was searching for information on Google regarding Open university course W300
which I am currently studyng and horror of horrors my search brought me to this
link.  //www.freelists.org/post/bcab/Fw-The-Open-University-OnLine,23
This is BCAB communication between myself and other members on the list.  i had
no idea that this was then posted on Google for the WORLD at large to read.
Can someone direct me to the rules which state that such information of a
fairly sensative issue gets posted on-line.  True I made my feelings known
through BCAB and I was aware that I was communicating with a group of visually
impaired computer users but oh dear me, I did not know that 5 months on, I
could read all this through Google.  I am a member of the Talks list for the
blind and in order to read Archieve material there I have to put in my username
and password.  That at least confines the information to the list members.

Yours

Eleanor