[access-uk] I've been an idiot with Internet Explorer Eight!

  • From: "whizza" <whizza8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:24:16 +0100

Hi all,
Wonder if one of you techies out there can help me sort this one out. This morning, I decided to install IE8 to give it a try. Went to the Windows Update site, downloaded it and installed it. I went to Sendspace to download a file and, when the information bar came up asking me if I wanted to allow an add on to run, like a fool I said yes. After that, I couldn't get to the download page in Sendspace, only the page that shows their pop up advertisements. I uninstalled IE8 back to IE7 and that was okay. I could get back to downloading from Sendspace. I re-installed IE8 hoping that it would forget what I'd previously told it to run but, of course, it didn't. The same add on was allowed to run without asking this time. The add on was called R Dynamic HTML Editor Control from Microsoft. I went to the manage add ons option in IE but nowhere on the list of add ons can I find that name so I can't disable it. Is there a way of completely uninstalling IE8 so it forgets what settings you had first time around, or do I just stick with IE7 and forget about it.
Sorry for the long post, but any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sandra.