[access-uk] Re: Radio DownLoader and IPlayer Downloader.

  • From: Colin r. Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: colin@xxxxxxxxx, BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, uk-radio-listeners@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:36:10 +0000

Greetings,

I have been in contact with the author of IPlayerDownLoader, outlining my
problems as sent to the AccessUK and BCAB groups,  I paste in the text of
his reply.  I am removing his contact details for brevity's sake.

To: colin@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IPlayerDownLoader.
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:21:09 +0000
Cc: clive.lever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I think it was probably just the large number of comments on the page.
I've archived the old comments now.

Have a look here for more information:

http://po-ru.com/diary/bbc-fights-against-openness-again/

Regards,
Paul.

On 13 December 2010 01:44, Colin r. Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Paul, I've been on the site for IPlayerDownLoader hoping to find a fix for
> the current problems, can't seem to find one.
>
> Also, the site is behaving oddly, it keeps freezing my system for short
> times, I can't make it work as it did.  I've asked others and was given a
> site through which I tried running it, the post is as below and I'll be back
> at the end of the text:
>
> To: VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [VICUG-L] Please can anybody tell me what's going on here?
> From: Tom Lange <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 09:50:15 -0800
>
> Hi Colin,
> That page seems to be very large, and though I'm running JAWS 12 on a
> Windows 7 machine with a quad-core processor and 6 gigs of RAM, the machine
> still hangs. However, one thing you can do is go to
>
> www.skweezer.com
>
> and plug in the address for the site.  I did that and the page read just
> fine, with no slowdowns whatsoever.  It could be that skweezer reduces the
> page size and removes any extraneous junk that really bogs down the browser,
> I'm guessing here. Give that a try.
>
> Tom

From Colin Howard, who lives near Southampton in