[access-uk] Re: R: Re: R: Dragon which version

  • From: "Brian Cairnie" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:20:02 -0000

Hi Robert,

I think it should pick up the distinction of the 'ence' and 'ents' at the
end of the words, but I suppose if someone said these words with little
difference to the endings, Dragon might get this wrong.

One of the sentences I use to demonstrate Dragon is: -

I met up with Dave and he invited me to his girlfriend's house for a coffee,
while I was there they showed me their holiday photos.

Dragon gets this right, even the apostrophe, with monotonous regularity, so
there are a few things I would check.

First, go into the Accuracy Centre and run the optimisation for your
microphone.
Also, you have to be fairly consistent with where the microphone is placed
in front of your lips, so try to get it in the same place each time.
If you are using a microphone plugged into the soundcard of the PC, this can
often cause recognition problems as soundcards don't always produce high
quality audio.  If you have a USB microphone, try this to see if it makes
any difference.

Please let me know how you get on.

Brian.