[access-uk] Re: Quick Audio Description question

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:40:49 +0100

I'd just like to add one thing to this discussion. I've noticed that when the audiodescription is integral to the TV IE not from a separate box the description tends to be less choppy. With my Goodmans and the Netjem prior to it, when the audiodescription kicked in the volume of the program would drop and often there would be brief cut outs leading to a very disjointed listening experience. On my friend's TV, with inbuilt audiodescription, this doesn't happen at all. When the audiodescription kicks in, the program volume remains the same and there is no cut outs at all in either.

Yusuf
If you have nothing better to do, why not take a look at my blog
http://yusufaosman.wordpress.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>