[access-uk] Re: Questions about ARIA active elements and progress bars and general screen reader usage in the UK.

  • From: "David W Wood" <david.g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:46:15 -0000

Hi Jonathan

Having used JAWS for many  years owing to it being sponsored by ATW, more
recently I have been exploring other options.

Window Eyes seems to be less intuitive, and when used with non-mainstream
programs seems to focus on rather random entry fields, whereas JAWS and NVDA
seem to look at the entry fields.

I also find WE less intuitive than JAWS, probably because of familiarity
with the latter, but NVDA is more intuitive to me.
Having said that, WE does have a JAWS emulation setting, but I haven't tried
this as yet.

ATB

David W Wood