[access-uk] Question about a New PC

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:52:05 +0100

Hi List.

I've just taken receipt of my new PC from Chillblast, and whilst they were
excellent at answering all my queries before purchase, e-mails over the last
couple of days for after sales help have gone unheeded! So I'm hoping some list
members may be able to help.

First of all, there are two USB 3 capable ports on the unit, but I can't see
any way of telling them apart, obviously. Does anyone know if USB 3 ports are
identified in any particular way? A symbol or colour for example?

And secondly, just above the mains socket towards the bottom of the case is a
knob that turns from approximately 9 to 3. I've never seen one of these on a PC
before, and would like to have some idea what it is before I go turning it this
way and that!

Hopefully sighted assistance may cast some light on this at a later date, but
if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.

Many thanks.

Darran