[access-uk] Re: Puzzled and the answer may solve My Eset problem

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:56:27 -0000

Yeah,

Perfect sense!

I'll get rid, thanks, and tell you all if it does solve my problem!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:18 PM (UK time), Steve Nutt at steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol,

Internet Connection Sharing allows two computers to connect to the
Internet if you don't have a router.  So computer A is already
connected to the Internet, and you want Computer B to be on the
Internet as well, but you don't have a router.  You then invoke
Internet Connection Sharing, and so long as Computer A is switched
on, then Computer B can access the Internet.

Once you get a router, then no computer needs to be switched on,
because the router maintains the Internet connection, obviating the
need for Internet Connection Sharing.

Therefore, if you don't need it, get rid.  Make sense?

All the best

Steve