[access-uk] Re: Puzzled and the answer may solve My Eset problem

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:18:22 -0000

Hi Carol,

Internet Connection Sharing allows two computers to connect to the Internet
if you don't have a router.  So computer A is already connected to the
Internet, and you want Computer B to be on the Internet as well, but you
don't have a router.  You then invoke Internet Connection Sharing, and so
long as Computer A is switched on, then Computer B can access the Internet.

Once you get a router, then no computer needs to be switched on, because the
router maintains the Internet connection, obviating the need for Internet
Connection Sharing.

Therefore, if you don't need it, get rid.  Make sense?

All the best

Steve