[access-uk] Re: Protected view

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 22:51:18 +0300

Thank you, Steve and Mo, for your help. I do apologise, the document I was working on was actually in ‘Compatibility Mode’ and not ‘Protected Mode’. That’s
why your instructions didn’t work. Forgive the confusion!

Kind regards,

Amro

On 02/12/2022 02:50 pm, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

Hi.

To get rid of the warning:

1. Go into word.

2. Press alt F then T for options.

3. Press T for trust centre.

4. Tab to trust centre settings and press enter.

5. Go down to protected view.

6. Tab and untick all the boxes to enable protected view for documents etc and click OK.

This is a security risk and I would not recommend enabling these options unless you are definitely sure that documents are trust worthy.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

On 01/12/2022 17:20, Amro Bilal wrote:

*Trying sending again*

Hi friends,

I’d greatly appreciate any hints on this. Getting out of Word’s ‘Compatibility mode’ is doing my head in as always to be honest.

I’ve just tried ‘F6 > tab’ to enable editing as suggested, but couldn’t find the ‘enable editing’ button. A search document field and a results tab, all
that there was.

I’m using Office 365 with Jaws version 2021.

Kind regards,
Amro

On 17/11/2022 07:10 pm, gplongly@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Mandy

Press f6 when in the document and then tab to enable editing and press enter.  Cheers!  Graham