[access-uk] Problem with the format messages from Google groups and Yahoo groups

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:34:45 -0000

Hi all,

I've been having problems with my e-mail client, and I've ended up using
Microsoft Outlook 2002 until I can get a copy of Microsoft Outlook 2003,
which I've been told will work with Office XP Pro.

The problem is, that initially when I was using Outlook Express, I was
receiving all messages in plain text, but now on some groups, I am receiving
messages in .html format.

With Yahoo and Google I've got accounts so I've tried to set things so that
they are in traditional mode in both these cases, and I think it's worked,
but I'm not certain that it is working.

With Freelists, messages in some groups are coming through  in plain text,
while others are coming through in what I believe to be .html.

Can someone advise me what I should do to get all messages coming through
from all groups in plain text please.

Thank you in advance, and I apologise to the moderators if it is felt that
this message is a little off topic.

If anyone wants to reply to me on this off list, please contact me at the
following e-mail address alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you in advance for any help.

Alexander Shannon