[access-uk] Re: Over There!

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 13:59:02 +0100

Greetings,

Paul Benson ritted:

I have been known to produce what could be loosely described as, "creative
writing", for another list. However, this allegory is not my work.

Paul, "The Archers"! just "another list"! shame on you!

Why not say straight out you meant The Archers group? At least amanda
aggreed with my sentiments!

When somebody says to me "over there" I won't let them get away without
telling me where and usually this results in better understanding.

Then even sighted people are confused by "over there" and in my experience,
might say "What, where the red car is turning? or the lady in the blue coat
is standing? or . . . "

This usually results in meaningful information.

Fine, if only one red car or one lady standing who is wearing a blue coat
and then, of course, the person to whom one is speaking may be colour blind
for red and blue.