[access-uk] Re: Outlook Express 11 queries?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 02:04:07 -0000

Hi John.

Outlook Express Aka Windows Mail was last supplied with Windows Vista and has long since been discontinued. Your options are Windows Live Mail which you can get from http://get.live.com as part of the Windows Essentials package, the mail app which comes as part of Windows 8 metro or you can download a third party email client like Thunderbird. If you want outlook, you could buy an Office 365 subscription.All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: John Wilson
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:46 PM
To: Access UK
Subject: [access-uk] Outlook Express 11 queries?

Hello All,

From some literature I read somewhere, I understood that
Outlook Express 11 comes as part of the Windows 8.1 update.
However, when I use the Start Screen search for it, nothing
is found on my hard disk. Does anyone know where it can be
found on Windows 8.1?

If it didn't come with my Windows 8.1 upgrade, does anyone
know where a clean copy can easily be obtained online, as I
have tried www.microsoft.com and found it impossible to get
from there. That site ignores any searches you do and only
tries to sell you there other software instead. No doubt
it's there somewhere but I rarely use this site and so do
not know its modus operandi and I haven't got enough life
left to track it down it's so well hidden.

thanks.
John.