[access-uk] Outlook 2003 Inbox Problem

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:43:10 +0100

Hello,

I have used Outlook 2000 with no problems on a Windows XP machine for a long
time, but when I have tried to use Outlook 2003 on a Vista laptop, Jaws 9
isn't reading information about the messages automatically in the inbox.  In
Outlook 2000, I just have to cursor up and down between messages and Jaws
would announce who the message is from, the subject, date and so on, but in
Outlook 2003, nothing is spoken automatically when I move between messages
with the up and down cursor keys.  The only way to read information about
the message is to perform a say line.

I have switched off the reading pane and auto preview, but this hasn't
helped.  All other applications seem to be behaving properly, and even
though Jaws reports that Outlook 2003 settings are loaded when I press
Insert+Q, there is obviously something which isn't working properly.  I'm
sure Jaws isn't meant to behave like this in Outlook 2003 as it would
certainly be a backward step, so if anyone has any ideas about how to get it
to behave, please let me know.

Thanks,

Caroline.