[access-uk] O/T - Good site Needed to Buy CPU from

  • From: "John Wilson" <jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:00:53 -0000

Hello All,

Sorry for the slightly off topic message but I'm wanting to
upgrade an older computer which has an AMD Athlon 1000 CPU in
it. It's a socket A motherboard. It will take up to an AMD
Athlon 1.6 GHz but CPUs for a three-year-old motherboard are not
generally available from high street shops, or so I'm advised by
a couple of these. I believe some online suppliers still stock
older processors (or perhaps a list member has such a CPU
second-hand they may wish to sell). Any ideas for a URL for such
online computer parts?

Regards,
John.
Author of From The Keyboard Tutorials
for Visually Impaired Computer Users
To view my tutorials, please visit my Website at:
Website: http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard
Tel: 0113 2575957
E-mail: jwjw@xxxxxxxxxx

--