[access-uk] Re: minidisk versus cassette

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:07:51 -0000

Hi Andy,

First of all, congratulations on securing a new job.  I hope
it all goes very well for you.

I hate to follow up with a note of caution, but it could
save your potential grief later on.

May I suggest you check with your new employer as to where
you stand legally in terms of the Data Protection Act and
such like.  I know there are strict rules and laws about
recording conversations which may later be used for various
purposes.

There may also be implications regarding storing material on
a PC, especially on which is not within the direct control
of your employer.

I don't want to sound alarmist, but it's better to be safe
than sorry.

Good luck.

George.

computer.
> I now have a Sony minidisk and although this has a much
> better quality of recording, it is difficult to manipulate

> the recording afterwards, e.g, pausing, rewinding etc.
> Cassette recorders with piano key controls are much easier

> but as I said the quality is poorer.
>
> I'd also like the option to saving audio recordings on my
> computer for future use, so minidisk sounds my best
option.
> However, I have only been able to transfer information via

> the Line-in feature of my sound card and this is very time
consuming.

> Can anyone advise me of which device would be most
suitable
> for me, e.g, cassette recorder, minidisk recorder or mp3
> recorder?  Any additional information concerning makes and

> models would also be very appreciated.
>

> Best wishes.
> Andy from sunny Kilcreggan.
>
> Drop me a wee line at:
> andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, send a
message, to