[access-uk] Re: OT Broadband!

  • From: "goshawk" <Goshawk.158@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:41:35 +0100

well, my only advice is steer well clear of NTL.
they may be one of the cheapest, with a 1.5MBPS service only costing around
£35/£36 per month, and you don't need to mess around with your existing
phone line, but since I started using them I have had a lot of problems,
some of which have been,
quite a few total losses of service, quite a lot of very slow internet
browsing, e-mails vanishing, e-mails being returned for no reason, e-mails
cloning themselves so that multiple copies of them arrive at the destination
e-mail address, and incoming e-mails not getting to me or being returned,
even though the sender is using the correct address for me.
to add to that, you can't send or receive e-mails larger than 10MB, and
there upload rate is at most a quarter of the download one, which is
something they don't think they need to tell you.
there tech support isn't up to much either, and if you want to use a router
to have more than one machine on the service, they just don't want to know,
and won't give you any help what so ever.

Simon