[access-uk] OT: Bashonline list

  • From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "List Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:54:38 +0100

        Apology:
Since 2001 the bashonline list has been fraught with a few problems.
For my part, the list owner, I apologise.  In my enthusiasm I pushed the
envelope too far.  As a result there has been little activity for some
years and what activity there was it was spam.  However, recently for
some reason, there have been a number of new subscriptions to the list.

I had decided previously to pull the plug but for the mean while, I've
combed the membership and removed some subscribers.  This leaves a
membership of 26.  As I feel that there is more of a need for advocacy,
as I understand it and self help within the vi world today than back in
2001, I'll leave the list active for a while.

If you were disappointed by the list in the past, please accept my
apologies.  We need radical thinking and sharing of experiences and
ideas, today as in 2001.

Thank you.

Georgina Joyce

Tel: 01772 380039  Mobile: 07876 502276