[access-uk] Re: OCR Devices

  • From: Saqib Hussain <saqib1975@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 13:53:39 +0000

Hi. There is also the Sara Scan Reader from Freedom Scientific and it's a stand
alone device which gives accurate results!

On 30 Dec 2015, at 10:34, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Alison

I believe HumanWare sells a similar stand-alone scanner called the Roll, part
of the EyePal family. We tried this before settling for the ReadEasy Move,
but the latter came out on top for recognition and speed. In fact, I
personally didn’t like the design of the Roll very much. I think both
scanners are priced similarly.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx