[access-uk] Re: OCR Devices

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ian.macrae1" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 10:25:36 +0000

If you mean portable or hand held, the option pretty much everyone is going for
now is the KNFB Reader app on a smart phone.

On 30 Dec 2015, at 10:11, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am in touch with a man who has a significant hearing loss, although he
copes in quiet situations. As his sight is now failing, he has asked me if I
can recommend a scanner for him. It would need to be reasonably priced but
also have good quality speech output.
I am very much out of date with what is available. Has anyone any
suggestions? I sense he is looking for a piece of stand-alone kit.
Alison